Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back at 'Em/Do What You Love

I have some great news for everyone that loves original music created by new or struggling musicians. I'm back! Yes, after six long months of being otherwise occupied, the fans have not let us down. I continue to see new hits every day and am rising in the ranks on Google.

A couple of months ago, I decided to enroll in school for this fall and get my master's in music production, since I pretty much wasted my bachelor's degree on doing what "seemed smart." This can probably not be stressed enough. Do what you love, not what seems smart. Put in the hard work, and eventually, it will be worth it. For me, that is meeting new people within the industry and filling in the gaps where I lack musically. One of my old bosses used to say "It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else. If you find yourself working too much, change what you do." Hence, the decision to use school as a tool to enter the industry.

Maybe you just enjoy music, but it is not your passion. Doesn't matter. Another man I met over the summer at a music conference in Georgia said we were all made to do something. The very thing you are thinking of now and can't get out of your mind-the thing that you would do if money, time, education, and other "excuses" were not in the way-that is the thing you should aspire to do.

I apologize for being away a little longer than I had hoped, but new and original music will soon hit the site. For now, please enjoy my latest composition:


No comments:

Post a Comment