Thursday, September 8, 2011

La'Keerah Battle: Lifelong Musician



La'Keerah is a young, up-and-coming artist that has been playing music for as long as she can remember. In addition to playing music, she also records video game and media production tracks, which she has done for several years. The song above is one of her favorite examples. Battle hopes to use this and other songs to inspire and influence people on the deepest of levels, one that goes beyond the surface. I interviewed her about a week ago and here is what she had to say:

1) Tell us about yourself:

My name is La'keerah Battle, I'm a 20 year old composer and musician from NJ, and I'll be going to school to major in animation.

2) What software programs and equipment do you use? 
 FL Studio, Finale, and I play Alto Sax, and a Yamaha Keyboard.

3) How long have you been making music?
I've been writing music since 2006, but have played music all my life.

4) What do you hope to do with your music in the future? 
 I want my music to touch the hearts of individuals, through whatever media its used in.

5) What inspires your music?
 My stories, my feelings, my life, everything really.

6) Random thoughts:

One note can create a melody.

For more of La'keerah's music, visit her Youtube channel by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment