Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teshelle Combs - Lead Singer Extraordinaire



Teshelle Combs, lead singer of Farewell Debut, has made a debut of her own with the unofficial release of her band's second song, I See Love. At only 22 years of age, she has already traveled the Southeastern United States as well as the Caribbean both as a singer and songwriter. As the first singer that I have interviewed, I say Teshelle has done a fantastic job, and I know she and many fans are excited for Farewell Debut's album, which is in the making. This is the interview I had with her:

1) Tell us about yourself:

I'm 22 and from St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands. I have a degree in creative writing and a minor in philosophy from the University of Central Florida. I currently live Cape Coral, FL, with my husband and my dog.

2) How long have you been singing?

I first sang on stage when I was 2, but I just cried most of the time... cuz I was 2!!! I've been singing in church ever since then, and professionally since college.

3) Who are your inspirations as a singer?

My dad. He's a great singer and musician and he taught me how to sing. I guess Celine Dion, too. Her CD was the first one I couldn't stop listening to as a kid.

4) What do you hope to do with your singing and your band?

I hope to finish an album and start touring in Florida, then the U.S., then the world. I want it to be a full-time career some day.

5) What advice do you have for new singers?

Sing along to everything you hear and challenge yourself as you do. Use that to practice your style and your range and your ear for harmonies. Also, if you want to be a singer, you have to actually get up there and do it or it will never happen.

6) Random thoughts:

If you're lucky, you'll marry an awesome producer who can make your music sound fantastic for free :)

If you like Farewell Debut and Teshelle's singing, check out my Youtube channel from any of the videos at the top of the screen... since I produced the song ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment